Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thing 7, Video Resources




I have been using Youtube and Teachertube in the classroom already. But I enjoyed exploring these additional video resources! to be quite honest I got stuck on Hulu watching National Geographic specials. (This was interesting and entertaining but probably not a good use of my time). And, getting sucked into the vast array of resources, is a danger to us and our students. It really takes some pretty strong willpower for some of our students just not to click! On Hulu even when searching for Math topics I found some very inappropriate videos and video clips. Sometimes, I know that as exciting as the resources are that are available, it is kind of scary too because there are so many inappropriate places to go, even when you do the research. Goodness! What to do? Cross your fingers and pray that the filters to their jobs?

I also , enjoyed exploring the PBS site and found this Video about the Long Island Express, the 1938 Hurricane.


Also attached to some of the video, there is supplementary interviews, videos, links and materials. This is a very useful site for videos. I especially liked the American Experience. This is a great way to show and discuss primary and secondary resources!

No comments: